1. Why did you start blogging & why have you kept blogging?
I started blogging to practice my writing and have a place to post my reviews. I’ve continued because I enjoy having a sanctuary of my own within the book community. I feel safe to say my peace and do as I please here.
2. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
Discussion posts because I’m an analytical nerd
3. What are your top 3 favorite blog posts?
4. What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
Play My Candy Love, color, and watch YouTube.
5. What are 3 of your favorite things?
White tigers, lavender (the color and smell), washi tape
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
Getting to work with Wunderkind PR to promote A Constellation of Roses and creating the Read Black Lit Database and Read Black Lit Bingo readathon
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
Sewing, drawing, baking, reading
8. Describe your personality in 3 words.
Creative, analytical, organized
9. What are your top 3 pet peeves?
Uncompassionate people. Racist/sexist/homophobic people. When people get offended by things that have nothing to do with them and don’t harm anyone else.
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
People in both my high school cheerleading squad and my children’s church youth volunteer group have called me Momma Lydia. I always carry Band-aids, cough drops, tissues, and other things people might need. And I would speak like an old Southern woman when I told the younger people in my groups to stop acting up. I think those motherly tendencies escalated once I became an auntie.